Taglung Style Painting | Painting Main Page | Tibet Main Page
Subjects, Topics & Types:
- Taglung Painting Style Definition
- Teacher Portrait Paintings (below)
- Deity Paintings
- Footprint Paintings
- Early Paintings of Teachers (All Styles)
- Riwoche Paintings (16th to 19th centuries)
- Terminology & Classification of Style Names
1. Shakyamuni Buddha
5. Marpa Chokyi Lodro
6. Milarepa Zhepa Dorje
7. Gampopa Sonam Rinchen
8. Pagmodrubpa Dorje Gyalpo (1110-1170) p127
9. Taglung Tangpa Chenpo, Tashi Pal (1142-1209/10) p2649
10. Kuyalwa (Onpo) Rinchen Gonpo (1191-1236) p1784
11. Sanggye Yarjon (1203-1272) p1818
12. Sanggye Onpo (1251-1296) 4th abbot ?
13. Tashi Lama (Mangala Guru, 1231-1297) [p8428] 4th abbot ?
The period of Taglung style paintings begin in approximately 1170 around the time of the passing of Pagmodrubpa Dorje Gyalpo. The painting tradition continues until the early 1300s.
Jeff Watt [updated 5-2017, 6-2018]